Monday, June 8, 2009

mountain


my how distracted. tell me now. how easy it is.
how far from center. woman.
you know. the way the wind blows.
keep your garden.
//

my mother's been hiding from me
brother in the garden doing what he please
man has messed the balance
confused worth with wealth
looks to his reflection
makes a devil of himself

locked in shadow
can't see the forest for the trees
slaves and masters
ancestors appeased

she lives in earth
she breathes the stone
she's hiding here somewhere
knocked from rightful throne

we'll never make it alone
time will stand still yet
we'll never make it home
when we forget

lift your hearts my loves
this is the only key
share your love
don't keep it from me

brothers respect your sisters
sisters love each one
mother order your garden
take your throne

carry light in your breath my heaven
carry light on your knees
star shine lights the children mother
star ship rise from the sea

open hearts bring us higher
clears iniquity
mother work your magic
peace and trust will be

and if we make it our own
time won't stand still yet
and when we make her our home
and never forget...



No comments: